Appliance Purpose / Function:
- Bands on left and right side of the arch
- .036 wire 1mm-2mm o of the palate
- Wire: Chromium Cobalt wire or Stainless-Steel
- Solder: Silver Solder (Cadmium Free)
- Laser welded (removes the solder)
Appliance Fabrication Standards:
- The transpalatal wire is a uniform1 to 1.5mm from the tissue across the palate.
- The con spring of the transpalatal arch is bent with the opening in the coffin spring facing mesial unless otherwise requested
If the appliance is fabricated with the opening in the coffin spring facing distal, pressure applied on the wire by the tongue will tip the molars forward.